“One never knows, do one?” ~ Fats Waller
It’s so nice to be back online! Fats was right. I never knew how attached I was to my dearly departed laptop until it was gone and took everything else with it. Here are the cliff notes:
- Laptop whirred, sputtered, flashed its naked blue screen backside at me and said no more.
- Fire up desktop, all is well.
- Desktop goes snap, crackle and pop.
- I am not amused.
- Take laptop to Le Tech Guy at work.
- Damn straight there’s a number six.
- Le Tech Guy tries to fix it intermittently on his own time. He’s cool like that.
- After mucho time elapses, he says the motherboard is all zapped out. Says he can fix desktop no problem.
- Running errands this weekend. Minding my own business and new laptop jumps into my arms.
- She’s so pretty.
I left out the major cold that KO’d me for over a week. I’m still not 100% yet but I’m fakin’ the funk ’cause my darling Nurse Butch will give me another shot of NyQuil and that stuff gave me some extremely vivid and nasty sex dreams.
On second thought…*sneeze be here*